Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Supposed to be an easy day at work

Boys off to the bus stop at 6:50 and I came home to finish getting dressed for the first day of second semester with my high school freshmen.  Is it bad that I actually missed those guys?


I went to the restroom and found that I was bleeding badly - my heart sank.  I just knew I was having a miscarriage even though two days earlier we had a great OB check-up.  I immediately called work and told them I couldn't be there and then my doctor.  


The doctor told me to get to the office as soon as I could.  I called Billy and he met me there.  They did the ultrasound and baby looked great - no red flags at all from what she could see.  She did say that  I had a low lying placenta again (same with Caroline early on in that pregnancy) and was certain that was were the bleeding was coming from. 


Once we met with the doctor and I shared with her my ongoing symptoms she decided to do an exam.  In hindsight, I could tell by her expression that things were not as they should be.  She decided to do a biopsy and even said if she wasn't satisfied with the pathology report that she would send us to see an oncologist.  Biopsy and oncologist in the same sentence? She could see my concern from what she had said so she quickly followed with "but that doesn't mean its cancer."


The end result of that meeting was complete bed rest for a week, that the bleeding was actually coming from my cervix (not baby) and wait for path report.  Bill tried to ease my fears - but I think I already knew - something through this pregnancy just hadn't felt right.  I know all pregnancies are different but I have just felt so bad from the very beginning.


I called mom as soon as I got in the car...I think the only thing I could get out was "Mom, what are you doing for the next week?  We need you.  How fast can you get here?"  She tried to ask me questions but I was crying to hard to even attempt to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment