Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Pregnant with Cancer - one good thing, you get first priority

The past few days have been an answer to prayers.  Tuesday morning (January 17) I called MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX and asked for an appointment.  They told me that it would be the second week in February before anyone could see me without a doctor's referral.  I immediately hung up the phone and called my OB.  That evening around 8:30 pm an OB from my practice (one I have never met) called me at home and said he had discussed our case with a med school friend of his at MD Anderson and told me to call the next morning to get an appointment.


Wednesday, January 18 (my birthday) I called around 11 am.  After getting to the right person she said, "Can you be here tomorrow at 7:30 am?"  I didn't know what to say....I called Bill at work and he said we would make it happen.  And we did.  We flew out to Houston that evening.  This is not a coincidence - this is a God incidence.  Is there really any other way to explain it?  God opened this door for us and we are so grateful.


We got the opportunity to met with Dr. Pedro Ramirez (I'm using his name so you can pray for him, too - and his staff of course).  Exam, conference, blood work, chest X-ray, and another biopsy - this place is a well oiled machine.  He told us that we would be able to give his personal recommendation for treatment by Monday of next week but would not have the official treatment plan until he presents our case to the Tumor Board next Thursday.  We again are in that "hurrying up and wait" place that is so uncertain when you are diagnosed with cancer.  We are leaving Houston this evening to return to Atlanta - still with many unanswered questions - but with a cautious optimism that he haven't felt thus far in this journey.  One answer we do have is that MD Anderson is the place we should be for my treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment