Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Still waiting...

Still no word from Houston this morning.  I called again yesterday afternoon to speak with Dr. Ramirez's nurse.  The pathology report from last Thursday's biopsy was ready and the MRI results were in so she had forwarded that information to Dr. Ramirez.  As of yesterday afternoon my biopsy slides from Atlanta (that were OVERNIGHTED last Wednesday) had still not arrived.  She thought he might call me last night but that he might also want to wait to make his recommendations after seeing the previous biopsy slides.


This whole experience is so surreal.   There is this horrible cloud of uncertainty enveloping us but at the same time life continues almost flawlessly with three children to care for here.  Bill (not that I would have expected any different) has been absolutely AMAZING, supportive of what I am feeling but at the same time gently reminding me what he feels is best for our family.  I believe he is starting to really feel the stress of the situation between missing time at work, helping with the kids, and of course the financial worries that come with facing cancer.  He ordered us the Livestrong guide to cancer - it came in the mail yesterday - our very own guide book to direct us through the maze and mess of diagnosis, staging, treatment and recovery.  Please continue to pray for him...one thing that I have come to realize is that I don't have cancer...it is our whole family with cancer struggling to make our way through.


I have noticed that, in public anyway, I am not crying nearly as much.  I talked with mom and a friend about this yesterday trying to figure out why.  Am I in denial?  Already desensitized? Too tired?  Then I realized, it is my God.  He is still walking right here beside us, hugging us, holding our hands, giving me some peace.  Part of my devotional today was "Hold My hand in childlike trust, and the way before you will open up step by step."  As I've said before, this is a CHOICE that Bill and I are making to turn this over to our Lord and it is not the way I feel every moment of every day but I am trying.


After dropping Caroline off at her school this morning and answering some questions about our journey with a teacher there (I did hold it together there while the teacher was crying) when I pulled into the garage the song "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns was playing on my phone.  I lost it..crying, begging God to give us the answer I want, please, please, please God show us a way to protect Little Bit and me....this is my selfish prayer.  I write this not so people will feel sorry for the situation we are in...but to understand that even as Christians, trusting in a loving God and seeking His will for us...we are still of the flesh, human, living in a world where the devil tries to throw circumstances at us to test our faith...the devil does test it, doesn't he?

6 comments:

  1. Meg you are an amazing woman with a strong faith. We will be praying for you and your family. You are lived very much by all who meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking and praying for you! I am here if you need me day or night. I will be happy to cook, clean, do laundry keep the kiddos! Anytime! Aimee (rhs cosmetology)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our prayers cousin! We wish we lived closer! That song has carried me through many tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 Peter 7-9. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-confident and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
    Praying for strength and peace for you right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of your Faith, Megan. You are such a messenger for Him with every step you are taking through this journey. I've never been the 'patient' but I've been the caregiving spouse several times for Charlie. I will pray for Bill as I can (only slighty) feel his 'pain.' I pray that he feels peace as he is your strong support.....those wedding vows - the part about sickness & health? You say them to each other never imagining at that moment the magnitude of their meaning! Love you, girl.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Want you to know we're praying for you and your family. I read today someone asked where God was during a particularly hard time in there life? Answer - Remember the teacher is always silent during a test! God is always the answer.
    .. Megan - this is from my dad - he wrote it on fb - but he thought he was writing it on here :o) I wanted to make sure to pass it along...

    ReplyDelete