Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas day scare...

Christmas morning with an 8, 6 and 2 year old is AWESOME!!!  The kids watched the live feed of Santa's reindeer, we tracked him on NORAD and even sprinkled our magic reindeer food in the yard before we went to sleep last night.


I am blessed beyond measure.  Three healthy children (and 1 on the way of course) and a husband that loves me.  Like most families our lives are so crammed full of "stuff" that sometimes family time is what we sacrifice....Christmas is that time when it seems we get that family time back....I LOVE it!  


We had a great Christmas morning and then...


After putting together a new baby doll bed for Caroline I was again not feeling well.  I knew it was baby related so I headed up to bed.  Before I climbed in bed I went to the restroom and found I was bleeding badly.  I was alarmed but at the same time I have been spotting this whole pregnancy.  This was more blood than usual but just a week earlier at our first OB visit I was assured that this was "normal" for some pregnancies (none of my others by the way!)


I debated whether or not to call the OB service line since it was Christmas morning but decided for my peace of mind I should.  They told me to monitor and try and quantify how much I was bleeding.  After about 4 hours the bleeding had slowed significantly so the OB told me to call the next morning and make an appointment for an ultrasound just to make sure baby was doing alright.  

No comments:

Post a Comment