Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6-7 (msg)

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Another great week...

Seems to be that I'm on the road to recovery.  It is getting easier to move around but I still get exhausted doing the smallest tasks.  After taking a shower I feel like I've just run a marathon (sad I know)!  I spoke with a nurse to see if that was normal.  She said to expect one week of recovery for every hour I was under anesthesia.  So that would be about four weeks - this is week two - half way there!


My incision sites (x5) are healing nicely, the actual internal surgery site is still very tender.  I have to remind myself how many internal stitches I have.  It is easy to forget when you can't see them.  I so want to pick up Caroline but I can't.  Small price to pay I guess for my life and the life our growing Lil Man (yep it's a boy)!  


We had another OB appointment today and again were totally blessed with the outcome.  These weekly ultrasounds really help put my mind at ease.  He looked fabulous.  Still no indication that he was affected AT ALL by the surgery or the medications associated with it.  My cervix is still closed and looks from the abdominal ultrasound to be the same as a regular pregnancy.  Next week, when I have healed a little more, they most likely will do a vaginal ultrasound as well to ensure all the stitches are still intact and get a more accurate measurement of my cervix.  


At this point it seems I will be able to carry him full term (well, 36ish weeks at least).  Much better than a point a few weeks ago when doctors were saying 28 weeks.  I did ask if there was a possibility that I could forgo the C-section and have a vaginal delivery - I think the doctor didn't know how to answer (he probably wanted to say..."are you crazy, woman??") - but did say it was "a potential."  That would be awesome, another miracle, since it would give me a chance to meet Lil Man and a chance to nurse him without being under too many medications.


Then I asked if I really NEEDED the hysterectomy since it seems all the cancer was removed with the radical trachelectomy.   So reality sets in again.  His words exactly, "Megan, you are STILL a cancer patient.  You have adenocarcinoma, a very aggressive cancer."  


Okay, okay so mom says I keep pushing the envelope...but God can do it.  He has already 
answered "BIGGER" than I ever asked.  He is in control...He can do it!  A good friend of Billy's mom just sent me so notecards that she made for me.  The scripture she choose to print on them is:


"Your FAITH should not stand in the wisdom of men but in the POWER of God."  1 Corinthians 2:9


I am so grateful for the POWER of my God...He has made it so very obvious to us....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on another successful visit and learning that another little man will be joining your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, we have been keeping up with you through your mom's and others' posts to FB. This is the first time I've seen your blog, and what a testimony God has given you! Your circumstances and how you are trusting Him in them are bringing Him glory.

    Steve and I have been praying for you and all your family members, and we'll continue to do so. So happy for you with how things have gone thus far, and I pray all continues well for you and your "little man."

    Love in our Lord,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete